HONEY & GINGER LEMONADE – DELICIOUS DRINK AND IMMUNE BOOSTER
This is a refreshing drink that we at the Burnt office often make and enjoy. It is an immune boosting drink that is just too delicious! A low-calorie, hydrating, naturally sweet drink which you don’t only have to reserve for flu-season, but can enjoy year round!
The combination of lemon, honey and ginger is a fantastic way to boost your immune system. You can have this drink both as a preventative measure, as well as to help you fight a cold or flu.
The three ingredients all have incredible natural qualities.
Lemon is a very concentrated source of Vitamin C, honey is a natural antibiotic and ginger helps fight infections. This combination will do wonders for your immune system.
So, besides this being a really delicious and refreshing, it is super healthy.
YOU WILL NEED:
– About 1 cup of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice. We used 4 lemons and got 300ml, so went with it. Also- please use real lemon juice from real lemons. Those pre-juiced ones you buy in the store are loaded with sugar and preservatives.
– 1/2 Cup of Honey. This gives a distinct honey taste. If you are not too keen on the honey taste, you can easily reduce this amount, it will still be nice and sweet. Try and use natural/raw/pure honey. These ones have the highest antibiotic properties.
– Grated Ginger, about 1 cup.
– 6 Cups of boiled water.
– Lemon and Mint for garnish.
WHAT TO DO:
Once the water is boiled, add all the ingredients (except the garnish) together in a bowl. Give everything a nice stir to make sure all the honey dissolves and the ginger flavour extracts from the root.
- Leave the mixture to cool down.
- Once cool, strain mixture through a sieve to ensure that the pieces of ginger are removed (this is not 100% necessary if you don’t mind having some bits of ginger in your drink).
- Serve ice cold or with ice.
And yeah it’s very healthy and everything, but here’s a top tip:
Have a bit of it with Gin and Soda water. It is out of this world. You can really impress some people with this secret
Have you ever heard of a more versatile drink? It cures a cold, hydrates you on a warm day and is a winner with some gin. We haven’t, until now.